Monday, November 12, 2012

writer's block

So i sat staring at my laptop screen for minutes, like it was about to reveal a secret to me.

Why?

...because i had no idea what to write.

I think it's called writer's block...then i immediately remembered what one of my mentors said about writer's block.

"it does not exist.It only means you don't know what to do next".

Another mentor,who is a friend to my first mentor said...

"when you don't know what to write , just type blah, blah ,blah , blah ...till something comes to your head .When it does ,write it down"

There is one reason why he asked me to do this, (and it does work ) and the reason is this...

"Movement always beats inaction".

He explained ...as you go through the motion of writing or typing blah blah..something will pop into your head.

So here am i trying it out and thinking hard for a story for this blog.

And i guess it works ...because i have just typed over 100 words.

Good night.

1 comment:

  1. Nice One. Thanks. Enjoyed reading the movement beats inaction part.
    I just wrote a similar blogpost asking why we keep writing in spite of all the blocks and rejections and all.
    See http://creativewritingnews.blogspot.com/2012/11/why-we-write.html?showComment=1352796932372#c3695582461149153441

    ReplyDelete