Thursday, October 17, 2013

The Funniest Day of My Life.


So I went to do some work at my friend's office today.

Around 5 pm...the light went off.

My laptop was fully charged , so I continued working.

 20 minutes or so later ...I packed my laptop and stepped  out of the room.

Everywhere was dark.

"They have never closed by this time" I assured myself.

I opened the door of one of the offices to say hi to Jerry, one of the staff.

Nobody was there.

Jerry was gone.

The room was as quiet as a grave yard.


I walked to the front door and tried the door.

It was locked from the outside.

I was locked inside from outside.

what?

Then it hit me.

" The office was locked and i was still inside"


How the hell did this happen?


Probably when the generator went off.

After a few seconds ...I giggle at my predicament and placed a call to Jerry.

"Jerry please I am at your office, I am locked inside, please come get me out"

After a few seconds ...I heard him say...

"why didn't you come out when the light went off"


"sorry I didn't know"...I replied back trying to sound very nice and polite.

" Give me 30 minutes ...I am on my way"

Seconds later the mobile connection went dead.


30 minutes?

Damn.

"What would I be doing for 30 minutes"I thought.


I started pacing up and down the corridor leading to the entrance door.


After a few minutes later a crazy idea popped into my head.

"What if i jumped down"

I considered it for a second.

I then opened the door to one of the offices and went to the window.

It had no burglary proof and had louvre blades.

Thank God.

'I can remove the blades and jump down" I thought...but I was on the third floor.


Bad idea.


I can do something crazy ...but not something stupid.

I walked out of the room and began pacing again.

Few minutes later ...I just dragged a white plaster chair by the side of the receptionist's seat and sat my arse down.

Pacing wasn't helping ...it only gave me more crazy ideas.


I took out my cell phone and logged into an online social chat room.

My friend Asian was online.


After a few seconds of exchange ,...i wrote...

"you won't believe me, i am locked in friend's office"

I went on to explain everything to him.

He laughed at me with a "lol" reply.


We made a joke about the whole matter.

The funniest was when he wrote...

" if no one comes for you, use the table to make firewood and hunt for rats for supper".


That made me laugh for a good 5 minutes.

Minutes later ...the front door opened and i was let out of the office.

As I moved away I smiled and said ...

"I will never forget this day"

1 comment: