Tuesday, November 17, 2015

The Story of The Star Gazer

“I have found it” 

James screamed with joy like he just won the lottery.  He dropped the telescope and sprinted in my direction.

James was my twin brother and an amateur astronaut. That’s what he called himself though. I preferred to call him the “crazy star gazer”.

Since we were 7, he had always been fascinated with stars and astronomy.
I remembered the day dad bought him a toy telescope. He smiled from ear to ear like a boy who just got room full of candy.

For the next 12 years, he kept studying and gazing at stars.

“What is it this time?”
“Have you found another onion?”

 That was my way of mocking him. Onion meant Orion.
“Just come check it out”

He dragged me to where he kept the giant telescope.
“Just take a look” he repeated.

I grabbed it and looked.
All I could see were clouds.

“James, did you just make me spend 10 seconds of my life watching clouds”
“What’s all the fuzz was about?”


I dropped his equipment and walked away like an angry child who just got grounded by his dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment