Sunday, October 14, 2012

How Boko Haram Have Turned Nigerian Churches To Club Houses


Have you been to a night club before?
You know, that place people go to have a drink ,get drunk and dance out their Friday nights?
 Well, I have and trust me…churches now seem like clubs .

And I am not about girls shaking their booty in the church after spending 4 hours on Friday ,shaking the same booty in the club.

I am talking about something totally different.

This little story will let you in on it.

I left for church this morning around 9:30 am … dressed in my brown shoes ,big collar shirt  well tucked into my Marks And Spencer trousers .

I got off the tricycle ,paid the fare and headed for the entrance of the church.

The first service had just dismissed so members stormed out of the building ,rushing to get the available tricycles.

As I swarm through the sea of worshipers and got to the entrance of the church, I noticed something.

A man and a lady were stationed in the entrance. There was really nothing special about them…but…
…they bold held a metal detector.
You know, that device bouncers in club carry…so no one comes in with a gun or a dangerous weapon.

That’s exactly what ,these 2 people were carrying.

As I came up the stairs ,the man leaned forward and pointed the device at me. I raised my hands up as he hovered the device around my hip pockets .
The device beeped as I dug into my pocket and brought out my 2 mobile phone and my bunch of keys.

Seconds later ,I asked.

“can I go in now”
“Yes “ ,he replied as I shook my head and entered the church.
As I sat down ,I could not help thinking about what just happened.

The treat of a bomb going off in church was the reason why stuff like this was happening.
For the past few months, Boko Boys aka Boko Haram have been perpetuating all kinds mayhem, bombing churches and killing innocent people.




No comments:

Post a Comment